Architecture 101: When Seung Min was on his first year at the Academy of Architecture, he met Seo Yeon. She was a musician student, and Seung Min totally fell in love with her. Years have passed, and now he meets Seo Yeon again – she asks him to rebuild her father’s old house.
- Movie: Architecture 101 (English title) / Introduction of Architecture (literal title)
- Revised romanization: Geonchukhakgaeron
- Hangul: 건축학개론
- Director: Lee Yong-Joo
- Writer: Lee Yong-Joo, Kim Ji-Hye, Min So-Yeon
- Producer: Kim Kyun-Hee
- Cinematographer: Jo Sang-Yoon
- Release Date: March 22, 2012
- Runtime: 118 min.
- Genre: Romance / Period-1990 / Past & Present / Award Winning
35-year-old architect Seung-Min (Uhm Tae-Woong) receives a visit at his office from a woman. Seung-Min doesn’t recognize the woman at first, but then realizes the woman is Seo-Yeon (Han Ga-In). Seo-Yeon is his first love, but he hasn’t seen her since his freshman year in college. Seo-Yeon now has a request. She wants to hire Seung-Min to rebuild her home on Jeju Island.
15 years ago, Seung-Min (Lee Je-Hoon) is a naive young man beginning his architecture studies in college. He first meets Seo-Yeon (Bae Suzy) in his Architecture 101 class. As they work on a class project together, Seung-Min and Seo-Yeon begin to fall in love.
Back to the present day, Seung-Min is hesitant to take Seo-Yeon’s job offer. Seo-Yeon persists and even goes to his boss with her wish. Seung-Min now has no choice, but to take on Seo-Yeon’s home project. Old memories of love and heartbreak will soon resurface, as they find themselves at different junctions in their lives …
- Architecture 101 Torrent Files started filming began October 25, 2011. The first scene filmed took place at a cafe located in Hannam-dong, Seoul, South Korea. Filming finished on January 8, 2012 and took 11 weeks to finish. Shooting locations took place in Seoul and Jeju Island.