Jun-shik, who works for Tatsuo’s grandfather’s farm while Korea is colonized by Japan, dreams about participating in the Tokyo Olympics as a marathon runner. Tatsuo also aims to become a marathon runner, so the two become rivals. But the war breaks out and they both are forced to enlist in the army. Tatsuo becomes the head of defense in Jun-shik’s unit and he devises a scheme but fails. Jun-shik and Tatsuo are held captive by the Soviets. They run away but soon are captured by the Germans and forced to separate. In 1944, they meet again on the shores of Normandy.
- Movie: My Way
- Revised romanization: Mai Wei
- Hangul: 마이웨이
- Director: Kang Je-Gyu
- Writer: Kang Je-Gyu, Na Hyun, Kim Byung-In, Song Min-Gyu
- Producer: Kang Je-Gyu, Jo Sung-Jin, Choi Jin-Hwa, Song Min-Gyu
- Cinematographer: Lee Mo-Gae
- Release Date: December 21, 2011 (South Korea) / January 14, 2012 (Japan)
- Runtime: 145 min.
- Genre: War / Action / Period-1940 / Award Winning
During the Japanese occupation of Korea in 1928, young Tatsuo (later played by Joe Odagiri) arrives with his parents in Seoul where Tatsuo’s grandfather is stationed as an army official. On his arrival at his grandfather’s house, Tatsuo meets a young Korean boy named Joon-Sik (later played by Jang Dong-Gun). Joon-Sik, his younger sister and his father all work and reside in the Japanese official’s home. Young Tatsuo and Joon-Sik both enjoy running and have competed since as marathon runners.
- My Way Torrent Files starts filming began October 15, 2010 in Saemangeum, South Korea.