- Drama: The King’s Affection (연모)
- Network: KBS2
- Air Date: October 11, 2021 —
- Air Time: Monday & Tuesday 21:30
- Website Official
The secret royal romance drama ‘The King’s Affection’, which takes place as a child who was born as twins and abandoned only because of being a girl, becomes crown prince through the death of her brother.
Director Song Hyeon-wook said at the production presentation that day, “You will not regret this KBS historical drama that you can trust and watch.” He continued, “They are full of romantic and mourning stories to unfold in the politically intense space of the palace. It is a romantic historical drama, but it is a complex genre that has both action and comedy.”
Starting with Park Eun-bin as Prince Lee Hwi, a male disguised woman, and Rowoon as Jung Ji-woon, the prince’s teacher, Nam Yun-su, Choi Byung-chan, Bae Yun-kyung, and Jeong Chae-yeon will energize them. Nam Yoon-soo plays Lee Hyun, the royal servant, Choi Byeong-chan plays Kim Ga-on, Hwi’s bodyguard, Bae Yoon-kyung plays Lee Jo Pan-seo’s only daughter Shin So-eun, and Jeong Chae-yeon plays Noh Ha-kyung, the youngest daughter of Byeongjo Pan-seo.
Park Eun-bin said, “The setting in which a woman becomes the owner of the throne itself in the background of the Joseon Dynasty was fascinating. The moment I read the script, I felt like I had a new dream. I also had a desire to try on my own robe. I decided that it would be a rare work that I have never seen before and in the future. Even though it was a difficult project, I wanted to challenge it.” “I am currently filming, and I have never regretted my choice,” she explained why she chose ‘The King’s Affection’.
Rowoon also said, “I was drawn to the work because it contains many stories. I chose it because I felt a sad love story, and I wanted to challenge the genre of historical drama. Jung Ji-woon, who is the role he plays, is a person who does not need to be hidden and is attractive because he does not have any hesitation. It is fortunate to appear in one work,” he said, expressing his excitement for the first historical drama genre.
- The King’s Affection will replace Police University.
- Park Eun-bin and Rowoon’s ‘Affection’ premieres on October 11th… faint royal romance.
- Park Eun-bin ♥ Rowoon, first couple poster released.
- Park Eun-bin and Rowoon of ‘The King’s Affection’, released a group poster.
- ‘The King’s Affection’ character posters have been released.
- Bae Soo-bin X Lee Pil-mo → Lee Il-hwa X Son Yeo-eun, the powerful new stealer corps ready for sortie.
- Park Eun-bin X Rowoon, Serenade couple poster unveiled ‘The King’s Affection.’
- Rowoon, first historical drama challenge “trying to express fresh.”